Friday 19 - Sunday 21 October, 2018
Starting at 9pm on Friday, ends by 3:30pm on Sunday.
Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre, Birmingham.
An event for 15 to 21 year olds.
The weekend is a dynamic combination of theory and opportunities to apply learning about Facilitation and Leadership using practical activities. There will be discussions, activities, group work, role-plays and video clips.
“I expected to develop skills to facilitate and I think I have as I now know more methods...”
This event will enable you to develop your confidence; your understanding and your skills as a facilitator. It combines theory with opportunities to put what you have learnt into practice during the weekend.
What are the aims of this weekend?
• Understanding community
• Exploring how groups form and how they work together
• Considering how to plan for facilitation
• Understanding characters in groups
• Understanding the importance of inclusive facilitation
• Learning about facilitating Quaker activities
Cost: £100 (includes food and accomodation). Bursaries are available to assist with the cost of attending for those who require assistance (please email Cat at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bookings: Closing date Sunday 7 October. If you would like to come you need to complete online booking form and indicating that you will uphold the community agreement.
- If you are aged 17 or under the form should be completed by your parent/guardian.
- Please read the leaflet "Providing information about participant needs" for more details about why we ask for this information.